Sunday, June 12, 2016

...and again!

Saturday 11 June. Mist and haze all morning and into the afternoon. I took a quick trip out to Big Collin more in hope than expectation around 4:30pm. The wind at the bottom was straight on the hill and just 5-6mph so it looked like a flight was 'on'. At the top the wind was varying from 12-18mph with some gusts. I took off in a slight lull and straight into good lift. Unfortunately  that was followed by sink and the rest of the flight was the roller-coaster we sometimes see at the Collin. I put it down to wind shear because I was being bounced around in a headwind whilst the windsock by the car was only showing a gentle breeze. Anyway I landed ok by the car in hardly any wind. As soon as I finished packing, the rain came on.

On the way out the lane I noticed a dead sheep and 'phoned the farmer to let him know. He was a bit concerned as, having rounded up and checked all the sheep yesterday when we were there, he thought they were all ok.

No comments: