Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Another day on the ground!

Spent the morning at Greenmount college at a seminar on "Building United Communities through outdoor recreation". Before things got going and at tea break, Ian C and I managed a chat with the National Trust warden for Divis and Black Mountain. As a result we are reasonably optimistic that free access to that site can be achieved.

After lunch I headed to Robin Young's Hill. On the way I spoke to Dermot L on the 'phone and learned that there were two paragliders airborne at the Carnlough site we had visited yesterday - turned out it was Mark W and Mervyn G again.

Robin Young's was clagged in so I joined Loudon Blair and his mate Sam in the warmth of Loudon's car as we waited for the cloud to lift. The wind was very light and off to the east a fair bit.

Eventually the cloud lifted and I got a 'go', flying Loudon's radio control model glider. With only rudder control that I was never used to, I found it a bit tricky and had to be 'rescued' by Loudon a couple of times when I overcontrolled. Great fun until the wind died and put an end to the flying. Meantime Dermot made the pilgrimage to the top of the Carnlough site just as it all went flat calm so he did not fly.

No comments: