Thursday, November 16, 2017

Big Collin Wed 15 November 2017

Calm at home all morning with a windy hills forecast. Colin Dowey had emailed earlier that he was heading for Big Collin so a quick call to Colin confirmed that there was some wind on the SSW end of the hill. I arrived to find Colin ground handling up the hill a bit.

A quick call to Paul Cunningham, one of my CP students set him on the road. In the meantime I climbed the hill and had a short soaring flight on my trusty Firebird Raven M as Paul arrived. Colin also had a soaring flight. After top landing, Paul and I got organised, resulting in him having six good top to bottom flights, including his first slope landing -  all carried out well with standup landings.

Meantime Martin Bates had arrived and was perfecting his ground handling using his Little Cloud wing to sharpen up his reflexes. Colin also had a couple of flights on the Little Cloud.

After Paul's last flight, I decided to fly my own wing down. In true Big Collin form, the flight was a rollercoaster as the wind had shifted more southerly and I was in the mix downwind of the low hill in front. I eventually landed in sink by the cars. It was good to get a day when flying was possible!

No comments: