Saturday, November 12, 2016

One of those days!

Forecast was a bit 'iffy' but winds looked light except for Met Office low level wind chart giving over 23mph at 1,000ft. Deciding that that would be too much, I cancelled training and went to visit my sister in Magherafelt.

Approaching the Castledawson roundabout I decided a quick trip to Dungiven would do no harm even though there were a few spits of rain. Arriving at the deserted west face at Benbradagh I found the wind bang on the hill and 14-16mph and showers in the distance. With nobody else around I waited a while and checked the wind again as it began to feel a bit gusty although the showers upwind seemed to fizzle out before they hit Dungiven.

The wind was now gusting 14 - 19mph but not severely. I nevertheless decided it would not be a good idea to go flying on my own. The fact that wisps of orographic cloud were now starting to drift up the hill made the decision for me - that was it!

No comments: