Thursday, December 19, 2019

.. and there's more!

TUESDAY 17 DECEMBER 2019

Arrived at Dungiven W just as the wind picked up. I had my first flight with Ian Cross and Steve Hill also airborne. During the flight, I pulled larger Big Ears which required pumping out. Flew to headlands N and S of takeoff. Steering light with weight shift and also using C risers or brakes. There appeared to be wave lift out in front of the hill - very smooth and steady lift. After 35mins and 900ft above takeoff and despite a good pair of gloves, I lost feeling in my fingers and came in for a top landing.

Second flight to Benbradagh as orographic cloud formed over takeoff but quickly cleared. Paul Cunningham, Mihai Lazar, Martin Bates, Donal Hamilton and Stevie Vogel also flew. Brian Dawson called by on his way to give site owner presents. I need to be less vigorous in reverse inflations in wind to stop the wing overtaking me. Tiptoe top landing after second flight too. I also need more practice in packing the wing which has 74 cells and multiple chord-length flexible rods. Very pleased with the handling, stability and performance of the Cure 2 so far.

No comments: