Friday, August 19, 2016

Windy Gallion

Thurs 18 August

Calm at home all morning. Had to call with my sister in Magherafelt late pm so, since the wind seemed to be picking up from the east, I decided to have a look at Sl Gallion. Arriving at the east face and facing into wind, I noticed that opening the car door met with a bit of resistance. I had just got the car serviced the day before so a stiff door had nothing to do with it. Digging out my trusty wind meter and stepping out I soon discovered that the wind was 24mph gusting 27mph - car door closing strength and a bit too strong for even a mini-wing I thought. But since I didn't have a mini-wing I abandoned that thought and hung about for a while but with no sign of the wind dying off, the lure of a cooked meal at my sister's enticed me away.

No comments: